Vote for me!

8.04.2015

My experience at Central Saint Martins


Photo credit http://silke.designsociety.dk/
You can find more photos on my Instagram

Last week I attended the Introduction to Fashion Journalism short course at Central Saint Martins, my dream school.
In the beginning, I was scared. It was my first time travelling alone, and, most of all, to a city I'd never been to. Since I'm not used to travelling, I had mixed feelings about this, but I was determined to make a dream come true no matter what.
I had no internet access for a few days, so I got lost many times, but I asked directions to some nice people, and reached my destination. In the evening, I talked to my loved ones on the phone, which was weird. I don't like phone calls, but they made me feel a little closer to important people in my life. I loved hearing their voices after a long day.
This course exceeded expectations. It was taught by Harriet Worsley, who made me love every second of our lectures. She is kind, down-to-earth, funny, and shared with us loads of information about her career. 
She wanted us to speak our minds, and talk about our experiences. This made everything more interactive, and interesting. I really enjoyed this kind of exchange. It allowed us to learn something from her, and viceversa.
There were 14 people in our class coming from all around the world, and each of us had different backgrounds. Worsley made us work in groups or in pairs. This was a nice way to discuss about ideas, learn together, and know each other better. She also assigned individual tasks, and, as we reported fashion shows, wrote features, news, and did interviews, I noticed my writing was improving quickly.
This was one of the most challenging experiences I made so far. I grew as a person, and I feel inspired, and enriched.
I would advise this short course to anyone who loves writing about fashion.
Have you ever been to London? If so, did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment